Followers

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Letter


https://harekrishnainfo.blogspot.com/search/label/Tirupati






Meera sent a letter to Goswami Tulsidas and asked for his advice. 
She wrote, 

"Simply because 
I am constantly tortured by my relatives, 
I cannot abandon my Krishna. 
I am unable to carry on with my devotional practices in the palace. 
I have made Giridhar Gopala my friend from my very childhood. 
I feel a total bondage with him. 
I cannot break that bond". 


 Tulsidasji 
sent a reply: 

"Abandon those who cannot understand you and who do not worship Rama or Syama, 
even though they are your dearest relatives. 
Prahlada abandoned his father; 
Vibhishana left his brother Ravana; 
Bharata deserted his stepmother; 
Bali forsook even his Guru; 
the Gopasthrees, the women of Vraja, disowned their husbands to get to their Krishna. 
Their lives were all the happier for having done so. 
The relation with God and the love of God are the only elements that are true and eternal; 
all other relationships are unreal and temporary".


No comments: